Double cheese straws
What could be better than cheese straws? Double cheese one! Mozzarella, Parmesan, pesto and pastry – delicious!
- 2 sheets ready roll puff pastry
- 3 tbsp red pesto
- 150 g mozzarella grated
- 50 g parmesan grated
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Put one unrolled pastry (still on it's sheet) on a large baking tray
- Spread the pesto over the pastry leaving a small border around the edges
- Sprinkly over the mozzarella and then the parmesan
- Top with the other sheet of pastry
- Brush over the egg and then sprinkle over the oregano and garlic powder
- Cut the long side of the sheet into 9 strips **
- Then cut width ways so that you have 18 strips
- Take the end of each strip (making sure you are securely holding both pieces of pastry) and carefully twist
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden
**If you prefer, you could cut into rectangles and make little puff pies or you could leave whole and cut into pieces once cooked.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!