Slow cooked butternut squash soup
I love butternut squash and I love soup – so this is my perfect winter warmer! I like it served with some seeds, chilli flakes and hunk of buttered bread.
- slow cooker
- 2 butternut squash peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- Chilli flakes
- Pumpkin seeds
- Put all of the ingredients (apart from the salt and pepper) in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours
- Remove the lid and blitz the soup until smooth
- Taste and add seasoning as necessary
- Serve piping hot as it is, or with some pumpkin seeds or chilli flakes sprinkled on the top
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!