Inspired by Nigella Lawson, this is the perfect speedy supper. It has no vegetables and hardly any protein, but sometimes you need a quick, easy and delicious dinner option because life is busy!!
- 375 g spaghetti I like to use a wholewheat one as it has an extra 'bite'
- 50 g salted butter
- 2 tsp marmite
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil; cook the pasta according to the packet's instructions
- When the pasta is almost cooked, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the Marmite along with 2 tablespoon of the pasta water; you need to mix thoroughly so that the marmite dissolves
- Drain the pasta and reserve ½ cup of pasta water
- Pour the Marmite mixture over the drained spaghetti, adding a little reserved pasta water as required
- Serve, add a grinding of black pepper and sprinkle with the parmesan
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!