How to poach an egg
It's a lot easier than you think!
- Fill a small pan ¾ full with water
- Bring to a rolling boil
- Use a metal spoon to swirl the water to create a whirlpool in the centre
- Quickly (and gently) crack your egg into the centre of the whirlpool
- Set a 2 minute timer and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer
- After 2 minutes, use a slotted spoon to remove your egg from the water
- If not eating straight away, pop the egg into a bowl of iced water. It will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. When ready to eat, bring a pan of water to the boil and gently recook the egg for 30 seconds (this is a great way of cooking multiple eggs if you haven't mastered how to cook more than one at a time!)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!