What's not to love about a flapjack: easy to make, delicious to eat and it contains oats so you don't feel quite as guilty eating a square!!!
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 350 g porridge oats
- 150 g mixed dried fruit sultanas, raisins, chopped apricots, chopped glace cherries, chopped dates ….
- Line a 20x20cm cake tin and preheat the oven to 170°C
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in the microwave (about 2 minutes)
- Add the porridge oats to the melted butter mixture and stir until the oats are completely coated
- Add your dried fruit and stir
- Add the mixture to your prepared tin; push down with the back of the spoon (you want an even layer)
- Remove from the oven and cut into 12 squares; leave in the tin to completely cool
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!