Curried pumpkin soup
Food waste is one of my bugbears and pumpkins are one of those foods that we are't very good at utilising in the UK! Did you know that an estimated 10million pumpkins are grown in the UK every year – 95% are carved for Halloween and only 5% are actually eaten.
- slow cooker
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 large pumpkin deseeded and flesh removed
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 400 ml stock I use vegetable
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients (apart form the salt, pepper and pumpkin seeds) in the slow-cooker. Put the lid on and cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Blend the soup to your desired consistency and then return to the pot, taste and season as necessary
- Serve in warm bowls with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds
You want the stock to cover your pumpkin so you may have to add more depending on how much flesh you have managed to remove!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!