Breakfast muffins (flourless recipe)
These tasty treats combine the qualities of a healthy breakfast with the deliciousness of a muffin. They are a nutritious, slow-release alternative to the sweet varieties; the milk and yogurt provide calcium, the oats a wealth of health benefits and the bananas are packed with essential nutrients…a perfect breakfast treat or after school snack.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp syrup I use golden
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 240ml greek yoghurt
- 450 g oats
- 240 ml whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Mash the bananas with a fork
- Add the eggs, syrup, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Greek yoghurt to the mashed bananas
- Add the oats and milk; mix. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, so the oats soak up the liquid.
- Line a cake tin with cases; spoon in the mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Once cool, you can store in an airtight container or freeze
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!