A delicious treat that will keep you fuller for longer! I used fresh apricots when I made it, but you can use dried fruit instead.
- 9 inch by 9 inch tin (if smaller, the flapjacks will be thicker and take longer to cook)
- 250 g oats
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g sugar
- 125 g butter
- 5 fresh apricots Chopped. You can also use 250g of your chosen dried fruit (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line your tin
- Put a small pan of water on to simmer; put a bowl on top (making sure it doesn't touch the water) and add the butter, syrup and sugar
- Put the oats in a large bowl
- Once the butter mixture is melted, add it to the oats; stir to combine
- Add the apricots and gently combine
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and push it down with the back of the spoon; you want it to be as evenly distributed as possible and tightly packed
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and score with a knife (this will make cutting easier once it has completely cooled)
- Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!